Mackay and District Spinal Injuries Association's team specialises in providing assistance to individuals with spinal cord injury and physical disability.
Support workers are experienced and receive annual mandatory training, in addition to, receiving training tailored to the person they are assisting.
Staff members hold a current yellow card or blue card with yellow card exception and a Senior First Aid Certificate.
Key Selection Criteria
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Certificate IV in Disability, Individual Support or similar (preferable) or other relevant qualification (e.g. nursing, social welfare and psychology)
- Possess and demonstrate sound disability or community service experience, knowledge and/or training relevant to the position (preferable)
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professionally written documentation, and highly developed computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications and software packages
- Ability to implement and evaluate individual plans and outcomes
- Able to work flexible hours 7 days per week including sleepover shifts, weekends and evenings