Mackay & District Spinal Injuries is an Incorporated Association. As an Association, MDSIA is governed by a Management Committee.
The Management Committee members are local to Mackay and volunteer their skills and expertise.
The Management Committee is responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction, vision and purpose of the Association
- Ethical and responsible decision making
- Compliance with legislation and industry standards
- Risk management and internal controls
- Formulating policy
- Monitoring and reviewing performance
Membership to MDSIA is open to persons or organisations who share an interest in the achievements of MDSIA. General Member meetings are held monthly and provide an opportunity for general members to be informed of MDSIA activities, and to raise ideas and suggestions. At times, the Management Committee may establish a subcommittee to focus on a particular matter. General Members may nominate or be nominated to be on a subcommittee.
Implementation of MDSIA objectives and operations is delegated to the Manager. The Manager reports to the Management Committee monthly.